For many Unitarian Universalists, the relationship with the Earth is a core spiritual element.
The Green Sanctuary Committee at UUCR works to incorporate the commitment to sustainable living into the activities and actions of UUCR and the community.
UUCR will act in harmony with the earth through practicing a sustainable lifestyle including energy conservation, and will seek environmental justice in our community.
Our purpose is to implement our vision through demonstrable actions in the following areas:
- Worship and celebration
- Religious education
- Environmental justice
- Sustainable living
- Energy conservation
- Community outreach
- Appreciation for nature
Our Members: Robert Anthony, Beverly Bugos, Laurie Dodd, Susan Forth, Erik Landberg, Peter Lubitz, Annie Simpson, Evelyn von Barby & John Wilson.
For More Information on the Green Sanctuary Program:
- UUA Green Sanctuary Program
- Climate Justice initiative Commit2Respond
- Earth 911 – More Ideas, Less Waste
- American Recycling is Stalling and the Big Blue Bin is One Reason Why, by Aaron C. Davis
- A Welcome Warning from the Vatican, by Fareed Zakaria
- China Doesn't Even Want to Buy Our Garbage Anymore, by Brad Plumer
- Fairphone, an environmentally responsible smartphone
- America's Least Wanted: Plant Invaders of Natural Areas
- Permaculture principles