Sunday School Coordinator Position Description
Please send resume and cover letter to Nichole Hodges-Abbasi at email@example.com.
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Reston, seeks to hire a Sunday School Coordinator. This position begins on or after Sunday, September 10, provided background checks are complete. The Sunday School Coordinator will both provide administrative support for ensuring each child is registered, compliance with all religious education policies, and will have some program responsibility. Program responsibilities will include supporting volunteers, serving as a teacher when needed, assuring safety policies are followed, and overseeing activities for children. The pay range for this position is $20-$30 an hour.
- Work under the supervision of the Acting Director of Religious Education
- Provides support for Sunday School programming during worship service each Sunday from 9:00-12 pm. am
- Able to teach Sunday School lessons from UU specific curriculum as needed
- Ensures that each child is registered who attends Sunday School classes and/or Nursery Care
- Interact with parents to share information about their child’s experience
- Assures two adult volunteers are in each classroom and the nursery at all times and compliance with all safety polices
- Prepares & resets the room
- Leads emergency procedures
- Mature, responsible and dependable young adult or adult (must be 21 or older)
- Familiar with Unitarian Universalist Principles, values, and beliefs.
- Demonstrated experience in a school or child care environment, Enjoys and relates well with children and adults
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers
- Work schedule is Sunday 9:00 to noon
- Must be able to work 3 Sundays per month during the church year (September-June)
- Screening form and Background check required