Becoming a member of UUCR is simple and straightforward.
How to Become a Member
We encourage anyone interested in becoming a member to attend worship services and events at UUCR as well as an orientation class that provides an opportunity to meet with church leaders, other prospective members, and our minister. Every individual's faith journey is different; in our orientation session, we explore these journeys and how Unitarian Universalism can help to guide you along your path.
Once a prospective member has decided to become a full-fledged member of the church, they will be asked to sign the Membership Book, adding their names to the list of all the other members of UUCR. They will be formally welcomed through a special ceremony during a Sunday service.
What Can I Expect at Orientation?
- An opportunity for prospective members to explore and share their personal spiritual journeys
- Information about Unitarian Universalism - our ideals and principles
- An overview of Unitarian Universalist history
- An overview of UUCR history
- Information on ways to get involved at UUCR, through our programs, committees, music, education, etc.
- Answers to any other questions you may have
When is the Next Orientation Session?
Orientation sessions are usually held in the fall, winter & spring. Childcare is provided upon request. The next session will be held Saturday morning, October 29, 2016.
Information on upcoming Newcomer Orientations will be posted in the eBlast, Order of Service announcements, and on our website. You may also email the church office; a member of the Membership Committee will contact you with more information.